How do I use UWorld to improve my ACT math score?

7/19/2019 2:20:58 PM
Improving in math has two components: learning new concepts and cementing them in your brain with practice. We help with both. When you encounter a question you have no idea how to answer, study the explanation like you would a math lesson in class: read it thoroughly, jot down some notes (especially on the formulas or steps), add any new formulas/hyperlinks to a flashcard, and, if you have time, think about how the same steps could be applied with different numbers (maybe even run a quick example with those numbers). When you get a question wrong that you thought you were sure about, look at the explanation to verify which step your mistake occurred in and how it changed your answer (ex. Did you stop too early? Did you use a different operation or formula? Did you guess in the first place?). Then, try to run the same steps again (perhaps with different numbers) to retain the process in your mind. Finally, above all else, keep practicing questions, math is much easier to understand conceptually while reading an explanation than consistently in practice, so keep answering questions (making sure to include your previously "Incorrect" questions when you do) and carrying out the above steps and watch as you get closer and closer to perfect.

Have any tips you want to share? We want to hear your strategies.
edited by on 7/19/2019

3/30/2023 9:41:19 AM
I think we should start with this earlier. When I was looking for a math tutor for my child because he was having trouble learning at school, my biggest concern was the workload. Wouldn't it be too high for him, because I wouldn't like to overload him, but studying is really very important. Now I stopped at live online math school Brighterly. It is especially good that the teachers of this online school always find an individual approach to the child, taking into account the amount of workload, so as not to discourage the desire to study, but at the same time achieve the desired results.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK