failed step 1

3/9/2012 5:16:09 PM
i failed step 1 , got 169.......donno where i went wrong , very much depressed.

i want to give a second try soon......any suggestions to improve

3/9/2012 6:55:47 PM
arshiya68 wrote:

Take a good relaxing break before you get back to studying!

3/11/2012 4:51:15 PM
you aren't the only one that failed..USMLE exams are hard..esp step one...just relax and take a break and start studying again...i think you can make up for it by getting a good score..what material did u use to study?

11/24/2012 11:08:23 PM
arshiya68 wrote:

I would suggest to prepare for both step 1 and 2 ck simultaneously because a lot of syllabus overlaps.You can take advantage of knowing the common things.Don't be in a hurry to give the exam for second time.I am also trying to figure out my failing result in CS after applying for residency programs.So i am in a much awful situation than u are.

5/13/2013 3:34:41 PM
arshiya68 wrote:

Take a few weeks off to refocus. With the fail on your record, you will need to break 225 to eliminate doubts.

So in my opinion to go from 169 into the 225+ range, it will require a professional course, and a time/money investment. U

Look up "Pass Program" Chicago. They are great with students that underperform. Whereas Kaplan can be very detailed, Pass Program does a great job of breaking medicine down to basics and getting you to see the big picture.

6/7/2013 1:37:12 PM
I wish you all the best of luck!

You are all in my thoughts!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK