UW Second time around

10/22/2010 12:55:15 PM
Hello.

Everyone says that students should do the UW qbank at least twice and I wanted to know what scores should people be getting second time around? Any input would be great.

10/23/2010 2:55:50 PM
??? wondering samething

10/28/2010 4:43:27 PM
ya few mean doing it tutor mode once and second time in test mode.

but few people in blocks only but notes should be made everytime u do it and second time the score should be atleast 10 % difference most of the times. i.e.. many get around 57 - 60 % first time and second time should be 7 to 10% increase

10/30/2010 1:47:45 PM
I don't know what is a good UW score the second time around, but the fact it that you must see an improvement, hopefully 10% and more. When I finished uworld the 1rst time, tutor-mode, system-wise i got 53%. I haven't finished my second time thru UW but 72% right now (timed mode, system-wise). UW the second time it's a good review tool but I don't trust it's Step 1 score predictability because I remember the answer even if I don't know the right concept. That said, it's a great learning tool, but don't rely too much for predicting your step 1 performance. Good luck everyone!
edited by nvp on 10/30/2010

10/30/2010 3:36:18 PM
Hi, thanks for your response. I only asked because I am worried about my performance. Initially, I was around 50% the first time I did the bank (which I did random and mixed/timed and sometimes tutor) Now, I am doing the qbank timed and subject based and my average is currently 70% but I have a lot left to do...My exam is the end of the month and a lot of my friends say that everyone should be doing 70% +

Also, how much time are you spending on the explanations the second time? thanks!

11/1/2010 11:38:25 PM
We are kind of even, I still have a lot of UW to do in order to complete it a second time. The good thing is that we are doing better on it. I really hope by the time I'm done with it i'll be around 75-80%. Let's see. Don't stress out about other people's performance. It all depends on what score you're aiming for. Avoid comparing urself to others. Only u define what's a good score for u so set your own goal and forget about everyone else. As far as the time I spend in reviewing explanations it depends... I go pretty fast over the concepts/Q's I master, but then, slow and OCD-type detailed oriented in the Q's I got right for the wrong reason and concepts that aren't clear for me. Unfortunately, with my OCD traits I'm pretty slow on reviewing and I need to get faster as I have couple of weeks b4 my test. Lately, I'm writing notes on a separate notebook from the UW explanations for concepts that are still blurry to me and I often confuse with something else. Hopefully I'll get to read the notebook at the end of my review, the week before the test. All the best! Wish u success!

11/3/2010 3:44:51 AM
Thanks for the encouragement...its soo hard to study when you are alone...nice to have other input(s)...I know you are right about not getting stuck on the scores but its hard when everyone says you need to be 70+...which I am trying each and every block...unfortunately, I cant seem to get above 70% It is nice that 2nd time around is soo much better...Is your exam at the end of the month as well? When I did UW the first I had 4 notebooks at the end and I didnt read a single one...I hope you get around to reading your notes because they definitely will help if you read them. Are you sticking to FA right now? Or are you reviewing other material in addition? By they way have you taken an NBME yet? Wish you success as well!

11/5/2010 11:17:48 PM
Kamalakshi wrote:
Hello.

Everyone says that students should do the UW qbank at least twice and I wanted to know what scores should people be getting second time around? Any input would be great.

11/7/2010 10:59:15 AM
Kamalakshi wrote:
Hello.

11/7/2010 11:26:20 AM
thanks for the reply so how shud i get UW Q Bank ' is it online or is there a book
please give me the direct link
Dr fahad

5/26/2015 1:43:51 PM
FaMa13769220 wrote:
thanks for the reply so how shud i get UW Q Bank ' is it online or is there a book
please give me the direct link
Dr fahad

Here you go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Uworld+Qbank

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK