Nervous about Step 1

4/3/2014 3:32:11 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm nervous about the upcoming Step 1. I'm a foreign medical student and I need advice about how to study. Previously in my first two years, I've done some ANKI cards (slyfaux) and they kind of helped but it was just too many facts. I have 9 weeks to prep and I was thinking first 2 weeks all of DIT and all of first aid. then after that, complete FA every 2 weeks, with pathoma, kaplan for some subjects, and Kisspharm for a rounding out of the pharmacology. Of course I was thinking of doing UWorld and USMLErx after each subject was finished for the day. What do you think?

There's also this new site, found out through reddit, called Enkilearning. I was thinking of using them too and It's pretty helpful in terms of memorizing minutia information, so far I've done developmental milestones (oh how many times I died on exams because it was just pure memorization) and it's helping a ton. It's like Anki and Quizlet had a baby. Right now they're having a promo: If I can get 10 registrations (it is free after all, and it doesn't hurt to give it a shot) I can get their Step 1 deck free. Right now it's open access so if you guys want to check it out, heres my referral link: http://enkilearning.com/?r=c27b697ae36259

Thanks for any advice and I hope when people search anything USMLE this will help a lot of folks.

5/2/2014 8:10:56 PM
hey smiles

Thanks for sharing.

I think it's a great idea to do daily UWorld blocks that correspond with the chapters you're covering in first aid. Enki is designed to help you test the basic knowledge of the first aid chapters so you can integrate them easier when you do the hard QBank questions.

Good luck on your USMLE exam!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK