Advice on doing UWorld banks - my plan so far?

3/31/2014 3:03:46 PM
Hey guys, How are you all?

So I started prep in January with reading Kaplan lectures notes for most subjects (the exceptions were: Pathoma for pathology, HY for Anatomy, BRS Behavioural Science along with Kaplan Behavioural science, and. HY Neuroanatomy.). I finished one read by the end of March along with 1 entire read of FA. At the moment I'm also listening to Goljan audio in the mornings (when I head the gym) but it's going pretty slowly. I know that spending 3 months doing my 1st read is probably quite long but doing it with FA and Rx qbank really took me a while.

I started doing USMLE Rx from mid-feb and haven done around 1,000 q's so far. I decided to leave the remaining questions when I do my UWorld review.

I subscribed to UWorld today (March 31st), and did just around 20 q's (random, timed) to get a taster of what the q's are like, and I already like this qbank quite a lot! I've decided to do a block a day but here is my dilemma (which has been very frequently asked on these forums what from I've read):

Should I do the UWorld blocks random or system-wise? I thought doing it system-wise would be ideal as I could review FA the 2nd time with each subject. But I've read on these forums that the people who scored pretty high are the ones who started off and kept doing random, timed blocks. What do you think? I do understand that doing the q's system-wise would make me forget the stuff I start off doing, but then I am planning to review UWorld a 2nd time so this "might" not be an issue (may be I'm wrong.)

My eligibility period is between May-July, but I will postpone it to the next period as I need to spend more time reviewing UWorld the 2nd time along with Rx.

Any advice? Is anyone going through the same problem?
edited by on 3/31/2014

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK