Microbiology Confusing Question - UTI Bugs

3/22/2014 7:44:19 PM
A newly sexually active woman comes to you with symptoms of UTI. Which is the most likely bug ?

S.Saprophyticus or E.Coli or Chlamydia or Gonorrhoe ?

I think E.Coli is good choice bcoz it accounts for 80% of UTI cases, even if she is sexually active , she might have E.Coli Inf.
I don't know whether i m right or wrong. What is your opinion ? Which option to choose if such question comes in exam ?

Thanks

3/22/2014 10:24:45 PM
Medic-Rx wrote:
A newly sexually active woman comes to you with symptoms of UTI. Which is the most likely bug ?

I think E.Coli is good choice bcoz it accounts for 80% of UTI cases, even if she is sexually active , she might have E.Coli Inf.
I don't know whether i m right or wrong. What is your opinion ? Which option to choose if such question comes in exam ?

Thanks
"...E Coli in 80% of cases.

3/23/2014 3:01:25 AM
E.coli as U , thanks

3/25/2014 12:38:55 AM
Medic-Rx wrote:

Thanks

saprophyticus or e coli. was there more to the question??

3/26/2014 1:45:57 PM
@Csun : Yes there were common symptoms of UTI like Dysuria (No Sx of purulent Discharge or of Chlamydia or multiple sexual partners was presented).

I Was confused between Saprophyticus & E-Coli (bcoz kaplan microbiology says - Saprophyticus is m.c.c of UTI in newly sexually active women)

Thanks everybody, E-coli was correct :-)

Posted new Question on Thyroidectomy , Please Refer to it

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK