Biochem. question

3/17/2014 11:48:49 PM
A 4 month old boy is diagnosed with a rare AR skeletal dysplasia involving abnormal endochondral bone formation. Genetic analysis shows null mutations in a gene for a protein that controls the transport of vesicles into Golgi complex. Electron microscopy of the patient's cells will show which of the following?

A.) Decreased Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum (RER)
B.) Decreased Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (SER)
C.) Dilated RER
D.) Increased SER
E.) Large Lysosomes
F.) Small Lysosomes

I picked large lysosomes. I am actually not even sure what lysosomal storage disease this is. If I were to pick again, I was thinking maybe it would be Dilated RER. Maybe since there is a failure of transport of vesicles to the Golgi, that means everything is remaining in the RER and thus it becomes dilated.

Please help me out if you can. Thanks

3/20/2014 1:20:24 AM
Dear friend

I picked the dilated RER as you pointed out.
Please give me the final answer if you find it.

Thank you

3/20/2014 9:26:51 AM
Roboticdock wrote:
Dear friend

I picked the dilated RER as you pointed out.
Please give me the final answer if you find it.

Thank you
......Electron microscopy of the patient's cell will show: Dilated RER( si el sitio de distribucion ( golgi complex)no trabaja adecuadamente entonces el sitio de synthesis( RER) se sobrecargara, dilatandose......

3/20/2014 8:00:45 PM
But, the problem is with transfering to Golgi not to Lysosome (not a tagging problem)?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK