Stay at home Mom looking for SP (Chicagoland)

12/20/2013 7:53:51 PM
Hello everyone,
Anyone in similar situation starting preparation for Step 1. I have my family and kids my top most priority, but now that my kids go to school and I have help at home, I can get back to pursuing my career where I left off . I am an IMG from Pakistan. I have clinical research experience in the U.S and have cleared FCPS part 1 with the help of Kaplan lecture notes.
Hoping to find someone in the same situation as mine.
Best Wishes for everyone!

1/3/2014 2:47:33 AM
hi! i'm in the same situation! i'm an IMG from the Philippines. I already finished an OBGYN training program in the Philippines before I migrated in the US. And now I'm studying for the step1. I am almost done with Kaplan notes. I plan to start with UWorld soon. What is your study plan?

1/6/2014 9:53:07 PM
Hi, I have officially set Step 1 as a goal to accomplish this year since my top most priority: family! Is at a good place. Looking to network, share ideas and motivation for this strenuous journey.

1/6/2014 10:34:01 PM
olivia2215 wrote:
Hi, I have officially set Step 1 as a goal to accomplish this year since my top most priority: family! Is at a good place. Looking to network, share ideas and motivation for this strenuous journey.

Hi Moms,
you can add me on skype. my id is ilovemiworld.
lets talk

1/8/2014 7:06:37 AM
Im a new first time mom and my baby's 3.5 months old right now...just had her and now trying to get back into the studying.

Its hard to come up with a consistent schedule...what do you guys do? Please advice...i need to somehow set a strict schedule to follow...but no matter how disciplined i get...the baby has a mind of her own and of course she comes first!
How are you ladies studying??

1/8/2014 2:13:40 PM
hi I am a Dad, family man, IMG Dominican Rep. 2001, just finish Family Med. in Puerto Rico. Decided to become EFMG in the next 2 years or less. Open for help and motivation and be part of a motivational study group. If you guys accept me on this journy it will be great.

1/8/2014 3:02:50 PM
Hi villita and gggg,
nice to see docs with family...if we are thinking of taking the boards with families...we need more motivation and discipline....I am planning to study 4-6 hrs everyday...my husband is helping out and I make sure if I get more time today, I will cover up for tomorrow. The point is to know how much time for each subject I am going to dedicate and then if I can't do it during the day I finish at night when family is sleeping!
My aim is not to ace the boards but to be good at my field. If I am taking time away from family...I better be good at it!

1/8/2014 4:39:35 PM
Hi, I am an IMG from Philippines and taking my step 1 the end of February. I am homeschooling my six year old son and preparing for my exam. My email is [email protected].

1/8/2014 5:34:29 PM
Excellent, Docs with family, it sounds great! I am making arrangements on my work schedule and getting step 1 material to start studying. I am open to advises on all this.
edited by on 1/8/2014

1/8/2014 8:07:08 PM
What books you plan to follow?...I got my KLN and FA and started right away with physio...will get more books while I build my stamina!

1/8/2014 9:23:19 PM
So far I got Dit12, Eptma, PasP. I am looking for FA 14, I have KLN03 in a box from my all times after Med Graduation and maybe a FA 2007... the more update the better. Definitely going through UWorld and evaluate myself periodically with NBME.This is going to be a good challenge specially since English is not my first language. [email protected]

1/26/2014 7:23:42 PM
Looking for SP, either Skype or in San Juan, I've decided this is the year for this. I have being working as an ER physician for 7 yrs.

Please PM

1/26/2014 9:20:35 PM
Manati, PR.

1/28/2014 5:58:02 PM
amberean wrote:
Hello everyone,
Anyone in similar situation starting preparation for Step 1. I have my family and kids my top most priority, but now that my kids go to school and I have help at home, I can get back to pursuing my career where I left off . I am an IMG from Pakistan. I have clinical research experience in the U.S and have cleared FCPS part 1 with the help of Kaplan lecture notes.
Hoping to find someone in the same situation as mine.
Best Wishes for everyone!

Hello,
Please add me also in your group.
Skype chandramoon34

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK