mother of two need advice !! usmle step1

11/18/2013 3:15:56 PM
hi
i am a mother of two kids Alhamdulillah.need advice to prep for step1.i was studying last year and have almost covered all the books and subjects but have to revise all again kindly if somebody can tell me how to start again?
would appreciate that
thanks

11/18/2013 6:22:21 PM
best revision in going through UWorld qbank and reading FA as much as you can READ read.

11/19/2013 9:56:06 AM
drhabiba wrote:
hi
i am a mother of two kids Alhamdulillah.need advice to prep for step1.i was studying last year and have almost covered all the books and subjects but have to revise all again kindly if somebody can tell me how to start again?
would appreciate that
thanks

I have two kids too and I am in the same position as you are, I only have step 1 left now which I intend on taking early next year.
If you intend to score high, the best start is to read the books and/or Kaplan notes first and watching DIT Cds or Kaplan Cds and adding any new points to the notes. This stage takes up the most time but makes things so much easier afterwards.
Then start with memorising first aid and revising it everyday so you don't forget a single point. On the weekends, don't study anything new but just test yourself on all the pages you have memorised to see how much you have retained.
Only after you think you have covered 70 percent of every subject should you start UWorld to see how youre doing.
Hope that helps. Good luck to you

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK