Failed my step1,need help, I don't know what to do

10/23/2013 10:42:35 AM
I thought I did good. This is my second time taking it. I took it September 30th and I'm currently studying for the CS. What should I do, take the CS now and then the step 1, or take the step 1 first then the CS. I am devastated. But I don't want to give up. I know I can do this, and I have people that can help get into residency. Can anybody give me an idea please.

10/24/2013 4:49:57 PM
Hi Kapa, first... step away from the edge. Don't jump! LOL!!! I know failing is no laughing matter but many people will not admit to you it has happened them too. Take a minute to breathe... pause...
OK now go ahead and take your CS. It will actually help you solidify and organize information that you studied for step1. I'm telling you this from experience. Taking CS and CK helped me regroup and prepare better for Step 1. I passed both of them on the first attempt. However I would probably go back to Step 1 after CS since you still have most of the information in your memory. Concentrate on questions, I know everyone always tells you to do random and timed but maybe you need to do system based, untimed this time on one question bank (ie, Kaplan) and then do random, timed with U-World. Sometimes we are too busy memorizing we don't realize we missed the concept. Take your time and be sure your scoring well on NBME's before attempting the exam again.

I hope this helped...

10/28/2013 4:14:56 PM
Just focus in CS, prepare very well for that exam, just focus on CS and practice a lot like in the real exam with the time and everything, practice a lot a lot so that you can built confidence and you will have a great score. Then try again the step 1 and It will work and trust me it will make you feel better to have a good result in CS.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK