want help for step 1

9/20/2013 10:44:19 AM
wajihamoen wrote:
hi,i graduated 6 years ago and out of touch since then.I tried to study kaplan notes but, did it just once.Now somebody suggested that i should do only first aid and u-world and leave kaplan notes.I don't know what to do because i think i forgot everything.Can anybody help me??

I personally don't think that's the way to do it.. It'll be hard for you to understand first aid. You have to know the "ins and outs" of first aid. I did that before and it didnt go well. I'm doing DIT hand in hand with first aid and uworld although I also touched on Kaplan notes before. Best of luck!

9/20/2013 9:37:19 PM
[quote=wajihamoen][quote=wajihamoen][quote=janice][quote=wajihamoen]hi,i graduated 6 years ago and out of touch since then.I tried to study kaplan notes but, did it just once.Now somebody suggested that i should do only first aid and u-world and leave kaplan notes.I don't know what to do because i think i forgot everything.Can anybody help me??[/quote]

I personally don't think that's the way to do it.. It'll be hard for you to understand first aid. You have to know the "ins and outs" of first aid. I did that before and it didnt go well. I'm doing DIT hand in hand with first aid and uworld although I also touched on Kaplan notes before. Best of luck![/quote]

Thanks janice!
I really appreciate ur reply.I was thinking to go through kaplan notes and videos first and then do first aid and u world.What do u suggest?

And what is DIT? Is it helpful for step 1?
edited by wajihamoen on 9/20/2013[/quote]

That's a good plan. If you have all the time you need then go ahead with Kaplan study materials.

DIT is doctors in training. They have a study guide with add on notes to the first aid, quizzes every after topic, a quick quiz just so to refresh you from the topics already covered. They also have videos which is more of an reiteration of first aid. Some don't like it but it works for me since I need that structure and guidance to get through step 1. Basically just go with what works for you. Best of luck to us!

9/20/2013 10:13:21 PM
[quote=janice][quote=wajihamoen][quote=wajihamoen][quote=janice][quote=wajihamoen]hi,i graduated 6 years ago and out of touch since then.I tried to study kaplan notes but, did it just once.Now somebody suggested that i should do only first aid and u-world and leave kaplan notes.I don't know what to do because i think i forgot everything.Can anybody help me??[/quote]

I personally don't think that's the way to do it.. It'll be hard for you to understand first aid. You have to know the "ins and outs" of first aid. I did that before and it didnt go well. I'm doing DIT hand in hand with first aid and uworld although I also touched on Kaplan notes before. Best of luck![/quote]

Thanks janice!
I really appreciate ur reply.I was thinking to go through kaplan notes and videos first and then do first aid and u world.What do u suggest?

And what is DIT? Is it helpful for step 1?
edited by wajihamoen on 9/20/2013[/quote]

That's a good plan. If you have all the time you need then go ahead with Kaplan study materials.

DIT is doctors in training. They have a study guide with add on notes to the first aid, quizzes every after topic, a quick quiz just so to refresh you from the topics already covered. They also have videos which is more of an reiteration of first aid. Some don't like it but it works for me since I need that structure and guidance to get through step 1. Basically just go with what works for you. Best of luck to us!

Thanks!!!

9/20/2013 11:46:12 PM
wajihamoen wrote:
hi,i graduated 6 years ago and out of touch since then.I tried to study kaplan notes but, did it just once.Now somebody suggested that i should do only first aid and u-world and leave kaplan notes.I don't know what to do because i think i forgot everything.Can anybody help me??

please start from scratches one by one and slowly its not the time for DIT or FA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju0JPYTnWq8&feature=share&list=PL1SDRLnCXpjXusmOXGSJe29v7H3PYjF1W
Riyadh

9/21/2013 5:12:20 AM
are you interested in studying from scratch on skype.

I live is USA and i just posted to find study partner for my step 1 study.

kindly reply back

9/22/2013 4:26:54 PM
mafhh wrote:
are you interested in studying from scratch on skype.

I live is USA and i just posted to find study partner for my step 1 study.

kindly reply back

i would love too,my skype id is wajihamoen.

9/23/2013 2:02:42 AM
I'm curious...how do you study on Skype?
Do you read to each other online? Or do you prepare a topic to present to each other?
Thanks for your patience

10/17/2013 12:48:23 PM
Does anyone have the DIT videos?? ANy version?! I have my exam in 4 weeks and i am panicking-still getting low nmbe scores ! Thanks! [email protected]

11/1/2013 12:41:56 PM
janice wrote:
wajihamoen wrote:

I personally don't think that's the way to do it.. It'll be hard for you to understand first aid. You have to know the "ins and outs" of first aid. I did that before and it didnt go well. I'm doing DIT hand in hand with first aid and uworld although I also touched on Kaplan notes before. Best of luck!

Hi: I am in the same situation, six years ago I graduated and I need to take my step 1 examination, I ask you got the DIT? that method is used to study?
You can email me at [email protected] thanks

11/3/2013 10:58:22 AM
emcuevas wrote:
janice wrote:
wajihamoen wrote:

Hi Emcuevas

Hi: I am in the same situation, six years ago I graduated and I need to take my step 1 examination, I ask you got the DIT? that method is used to study?
You can email me at [email protected] thanks

Hi EMCUEVAS

If you graduated 5 years ago, really, my personal experience tell me that the best advice would be:

Taking a living prep course of kaplan if possible (takes 8 weeks) after doing a reading of all the books to have an "idea' about the topics (Very important part, otherwise you will feel is a waste of time without a pre reading). Then, study every single day after each class. At the end of the course, quick review of all the areas. then UWorld and then some simulation tests.
I really think is very important if you saw all of that basics long time ago, it really helps and i feel is the best approach to get all of that quickly and consistent. Hope this helps!
edited by on 11/3/2013
edited by on 11/3/2013
edited by on 11/3/2013

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK