are IMGs considered for patho residency by US?

7/31/2013 1:46:34 AM
are IMGs + non us citizens considered for path residency by US medical universities? if yes, what else is required in addition to steps' scores? (please mention the recommended scores, if you know).will a 4 week clerkship in path suffice? or research is also req? ( in terms of minimum requirements, not "the more the merrier") please mention the recommended scores, if you know.

personally I've done clinical electives. at Cornell, Edinburgh in UK, and brazil. none of it in path though.

thanks!

8/1/2013 12:36:04 AM
rocker wrote:
are IMGs + non us citizens considered for path residency by US medical universities? if yes, what else is required in addition to steps' scores? (please mention the recommended scores, if you know).will a 4 week clerkship in path suffice? or research is also req? ( in terms of minimum requirements, not "the more the merrier") please mention the recommended scores, if you know.

personally I've done clinical electives. at Cornell, Edinburgh in UK, and brazil. none of it in path though.

yes
more than 230
connection is a key
i know 4 of the IMG who good good numbers of interviews i pathology and they got the residency.
Best of luck

thanks!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK