experience with becker(falcon) and kaplan.!!

7/11/2013 5:48:33 PM
hi everyone!!this post may b abit long but please read..

first i want to clarify 2 things!!!! 1...i am not in favor or against anybody willing to take any prep course anywhere.....2..i am not associated with any of the prep company....

my purpose of writing this awareness post is only bcuz when i was confused about taking a prep course i cudnt find anybody who can guide me well so after going thru this personally i want to share my experience so that if anybody is confused or hav any queries, he/she can have some idea..

BECKER(FALCON)
...i took falcon 7 week live in new york which finished last week..it was in penn hotel(not a very quiet place,,a bit noisy)...the course started well,,,as follow

behav science(daugherty)...he was in kaplan but now moved to becker,,his lectures were exactly the same as his kaplan videos..word by word same..i felt stupid there sitting and just listening to him as i already watched his videos from kaplan videos...so just get kaplan videos and watch them,,no need of anything else...

physio...(dunn)..he was nice,,helpful and kind...he was not rushing and was ready to answer any question anytime but the problem was that he is not a clinician so he was not corelating any clinical cases in physio...but i still want to say that he is a sincere and hardworking old man..

biochem..totally mess....i want to use some harsh words but leave it..the teacher had no idea what she was talking about,,she was unable to give answers,,even some simple questions,,she was totally confused and ineligible to teach step 1 students..and after the course i heard they removed that teacher..

immuno and micro..(ruebush)...she was fine...the only thing is immuno to be studied well..micro is all memorization..

patho...(raj)..he was just ok..he was just pointing out some important things to remember but he is new in teaching thing so he is not that good at the moment..

anatomy...anatomy has nothing much to do with teaching ..its all self memorization..

pharma..the teacher is very well known in states and well reputed...but in the course she was just reading the book..

falcon is also going to release its videos just as kaplan videos soon in coming future..i hope they r better..

KAPLAN...

as kaplan was the only prep company in new york so by falcon coming to new york,,kaplan do have a competative now and this thing was a problem for kaplan bcuz they were alone and happy in bussiness and they dont wanted anybody else to compete them in new york..so there representative came to penn hotel on the first day of falcon class and offered free kaplan course to falcon students..at first nobody went but when biochem sucked in falcon some students went to kaplan and i also went to have a look of kaplan..i took kaplan for 3 days while biochem was going on in falcon...
fisher was teaching physio...same as videos...
then i came back to falcon and completed my course with falcon..

my main purpose of writing this whole detail...

1)if a student have kaplan videos and first aid along with uworld and you can study at home or library,,please do not take any of the course...bcuz live course is same as videos..so no need to spend money for something that u already have..if u feel distracted at home or library,,simply find a live study partner and study together...

2)i am not stopping anybody from taking any course,,i am just sharing my opinion and awareness for those who think that live courses r something very special..they r not..

3)and even if you want to take a course ,,,first completely memorize all the stuff,watch all the videos,,memorize the books and then go for a course,,never go to a course with blank face,,if u go blank ,u will not get anything out of it,,i had some students in class who thought that they will go to the course and they will know everything and in the end they said that it was a bad idea and misconception..

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK