Do I need Goljan patho??

6/28/2013 1:50:52 PM
I just had my exam yesterday, wasn't that difficult, and questions are exactly as they are on UW. THe same screen layout,and you really feel like you are doing your UWorld questions. I wondered if the questions were more like in NBME tests, and if screen layout was like there.
The length of vignettes was not different that in UW, and all in all it wasn't such a bad experience.
I think personally, that questions in NBME tests are more difficult than those on the exam, though I understand that they are changing questions, and maybe some other day it could be more difficult.
So, my advise is don't count on my saying " it wasn't that difficult". Be prepare for everything possible.
I didn't prepare pathology from Goljan, cause I heard about that material too late. Nobody in my Kaplan center mentioned that before, so I decided to go with Kaplan books, and FA.
My question: will I need Goljan pathology for Step 2CK?? I heard about audio, but I am not a good listener, I am more visual.
What other options of Goljan patho. do you guys suggest.
Highly appreciate any suggestion.
Thanx

6/28/2013 6:10:10 PM
Hey Congrats Dusha. His RR Path book does a little step 2 review in it as well, but from what I heard from my friends who took it (CK) only Do Kaplan, World, MTB and any Conrad Fischer stuff + NBME's other than that I couldn't tell you what else. I think use a few sources don't overload yourself GL P.S. Goljan is the Shit I can't believe no one told you about him not to make you feel bad

6/29/2013 12:28:12 AM
Dusha wrote:
I just had my exam yesterday, wasn't that difficult, and questions are exactly as they are on UW. THe same screen layout,and you really feel like you are doing your UWorld questions. I wondered if the questions were more like in NBME tests, and if screen layout was like there.
The length of vignettes was not different that in UW, and all in all it wasn't such a bad experience.
I think personally, that questions in NBME tests are more difficult than those on the exam, though I understand that they are changing questions, and maybe some other day it could be more difficult.
So, my advise is don't count on my saying " it wasn't that difficult". Be prepare for everything possible.
I didn't prepare pathology from Goljan, cause I heard about that material too late. Nobody in my Kaplan center mentioned that before, so I decided to go with Kaplan books, and FA.
My question: will I need Goljan pathology for Step 2CK?? I heard about audio, but I am not a good listener, I am more visual.
Thanx

6/29/2013 12:30:59 AM
titincl wrote:
Dusha wrote:
Thanx

Congratulations!
I was wondering about doing another qbank beside UW , but after ur info i decided to only do UW and FA .....
Thank so so much for ur input .

All the best .... Good luck on step 2 !

7/3/2013 8:19:24 AM
titincl wrote:
titincl wrote:
Dusha wrote:
Thanx

Congratulations!
I was wondering about doing another qbank beside UW , but after ur info i decided to only do UW and FA .....
Thank so so much for ur input .

All the best .... Good luck on step 2 !

guys what about the host of other books mentioned... brs.. rapid review .. dr.najeeb lipincott..high yield n all.. do we need to those too? plz reply.. n do u think 2 months of 15 hrs a day is enough for someone who only finished half of Kaplan material to give step 1???????
edited by step1k on 7/3/2013

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK