need help

6/8/2013 1:31:46 AM
I'm not taking the step 1 right now...hopefully by july or august
Completed: DIT,kaplan(physio),goljan(1),FA(3-4times)
uworld 1st time: 40%
uworld 2nd time: 60% so far on 30blocks

I do atleast about 2blocks of questions everyday

I took usmlerx assessment(336ques)about 3weeks ago and scored 189 and I want to know if it's possible for me to get to 210 by the end of june.I know it's about 30points improvement but I feel like I know a lot of information now compared to the first time I did uworld.At this point I dont want to concentrate on any other resources other than FA and uworld as I realized that FA has everything that is necessary to answer questions and I added other information that I found helpful from other resources as well into my FA.The problem with me is I have hard time remember things, like sometimes when im answering questions i know the concept but can't remember tiny details or can't make connections.Is there something that I can do to help me overcome this problem.But my main question is will be able to improve 30points from 189-210?

6/8/2013 2:06:05 AM
contact PINOMOBALTANO hes considered a guru here ...he can tell you better i m sure

6/8/2013 2:19:12 AM
what is your online nbme score?

i don't care about UWSA score...i want to know what your most recent ONLINE nbme score is..???

6/8/2013 2:19:30 AM
fikr mat karo habiba..mai yahan huń

6/8/2013 3:00:24 AM
pinomontalbano wrote:
what is your online nbme score?

i don't care about UWSA score...i want to know what your most recent ONLINE nbme score is..???

I haven't taken one recently...planning on taking it next weekend
I took one like about 2months ago and scored 150 and it scared me that's why I keep pushing it off

6/8/2013 10:23:54 AM
getting scared is not an issue right now...uwsa test are good to review the subject matter that will be on part 1, but to understand what your real score is going to be you have to take an NBME.

so take an NBME as soon as possible and tell me that score. if you are still getting 150s 160s on your nbme..you're obviously gonna have to postpone your exam as 188 is the passing score for part 1.

6/17/2013 8:17:20 PM
ok so i took nbme 6 yesterday and score 280(170)...i improved about 40 points from my last nbme that i took 2months ago.i didnt find the exam too hard but definitely thought i would get a higher score.For 80% of my missed questions i knew the topic and didnt know the minor details.My lower performances are renal/urinary,repro/endocrine,pharm,physio

Should I just continue reading fa or do something else?

6/17/2013 10:23:15 PM
Continue doing questions, and pay careful attention to the explanations, and refer your FA and Kaplan/Goljan/BRS/whatever main book you used while doing UWORLD questions to clarify any doubts which pop up.
edited by mleprep on 6/17/2013

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK