Does anybody have the same problem??

6/2/2013 11:37:11 PM
My brain simply doesn't work in the morning.!!
My exam is in a 4 weeks, and I am so nervous. I took NBME 7 early in the morning
I think it was 9am, and I got 150!! I was shocked because my WU test were 75-80% and I thought I really should be better than that. After two weeks I took NBME 11 at 1pm, and I got 250!! which I think is about my real knowledge.
My exam is at 8am, and I don't know how I am going to perform it. My mentor in Kaplan told me that we can make a choice between two times morning, and afternoon, but such an option doesn't exist simply.
I checked in the other centers around in the area (San Francisco), but all have the same start time.
Does anybody have the same issue, any suggestion, please.!!
I already started to wake up at 5,30 jogging for half an hour trying to start studying early, and adjust my brain to work early, but I haven't seen some serious results jet.

6/3/2013 4:26:56 PM
take it at 8. if you take it in the evening at like 12..your test will go to 8pm and you will get tired. you have a month to reset your body's clock. get up every morning at 6 and sleep at like 10-11pm. train your mind to function at 8am. it only takes like 1-2 weeks to change your body.

don't worry about nbme 7. it's a hard one..all the questions look easy but they are tricky. take nbme 15 in one week and see how you do, but don't change your prometric timing. 8am is fine...you'll be done by 4pm and you can go home and take a nap.

you'll be fine. just start getting up at 6-7am from now onwards.

6/4/2013 1:04:10 AM
THank you Pinomontalbano, You are like some guru, have the right advice for everybody.
If you read it well, I already said that I stated to wake up early and to start studying early. I hope I reprogram my brain by then.
Dusha

6/4/2013 12:15:08 PM
you can don't worry. make sure you take your test at 8am. you don't have to get up at 5:30am that's too much, but if you can get up by 6:30 you'll be fine. you can put a book next to your bed and as soon as you get up you can read like 2-3 pages just to wake up and then go jog and come back and start doing questions until lunch.

don't worry 8am will not seem that early once you get used to it.

6/6/2013 3:38:07 AM
yeh right guru lol u serious @ dusha

6/6/2013 8:13:11 PM
tumhe ghussa aarre kya, dr habeeba..kyu ki Dusha ne mujh ko "guru" ka naam rakh diya...

shayad tum chahte ho ki koi tumhe "guru" ka naam rakhe...itna nai jallo, dr. habeeba.

mai tumhe bhi madad karta huń na.....khabardaar jo tum mere baare mein acchi tarah nai baath karo....

6/6/2013 8:13:57 PM
don't worry Dusha. i help dr. habeeba too. she private messages me all the time for advice on how to study for her boards.

and thanks for saying i'm a Guru. i'm only here to help everyone.

6/7/2013 2:02:10 AM
yehyeh wtever private msgs lol....its Habiba not habeeba..aur mere pas jalne ka time nahi wob kisi guru naami admi se hahhaha.secondly i dnt have to tell u ke kaun mujhe guru samjhta so aramse bethjao pls...

6/7/2013 5:36:07 PM
hey u r doctors..why u guys r fighting..i like Pinomontalbano's advise.

6/8/2013 9:52:56 PM
It just started being funny!! What language you guys are writing here. I'm not feeling comfortable seeing that you are talking about me and I don't understand it.
Ok, however, today I simulated the day of exam:
I started at 8, had 4 morning blocks, took a brake of an hour, and had 3 afternoon blocks.
Result: 4 morning blocks average score 57%
3 afternoon blocks 78%
Seeing that all, I'm not that happy about how I will perform on exam.
I realized that it is intense but doable, I mean in the timing and having all that done in 8 hour time.
Let's see what "guru" has to say about this.
Dusha

6/8/2013 10:23:21 PM
dusha what is your most recent nbme score?

that is impressive that you got thru a simulated day.

what is your nbme score?

also that is not now the real exam goes...in reality you take a 5 minute break after every block...there is no hour break in the middle. every 46 questions you have to take a 5-6 minute break and run back into the room to complete another 46 questions. you have 1 minute to eat a granola bar or yogurt and 3 minutes to go to the bathroom and splash your face with cold water and run back into the room. every time you leave the room they make you sign out and sign back in when you enter with finger print identification. what is this 1 hour break non-sense you are talking about, dusha?
edited by pinomontalbano on 6/8/2013

6/8/2013 11:25:33 PM
You want to say that we have to run the whole day with just one morning coffee
that we took early in the morning and without proper meal in between??????
I don't know if I can make it.
In FA book on the pages where they are talking about the day of exam, they say that there is a break of an hour after 4 morning blocks.
I'll check it again, but however that what you are saying is crazy! What granola bar, granola bar makes me tired, I have to eat. I need coffee for afternoon session.
Am I the only one who thinks that it is crazy, so you all guys can sit there 8 hours without break with no problem??
My last NBME was 250, but I really think that I got a little lucky with questions that I didn't know.I don't think I am that good.it was 2 weeks ago and I did it afternoon.
Now I am really concern

6/9/2013 1:31:26 PM
Dusha r u serious??

250....... Omg
Then Wht r u waiting for ?? Congrats girl its simply
Awsome...
May b pino can tell u better but
I simply advice u inspite
Changing of ur schedule ,y dnt u simply change the time of ur exam?
I mean if u are used too of afternoon time n u think u can b fresh
Uptill 9 or 10 pm then I dnt think there should b any problem with u ..
Simply take ur exam asap n catch tht 250 thing... I wish if I can get it
Such high score .
All the best to u...I'm happy for u
edited by syeda641 on 6/9/2013

6/11/2013 4:09:46 PM
Hey Pinomontalbano is NBME 15 more predictive than 7/13? or is it about the same as the other 2? just wondering since it's new

6/11/2013 4:17:18 PM
Dusha I agree with Pinomontalbano it's all about getting used to the stamina always take a 5 min break after each block because in the real exam all you get is one hour in TOTAL free time. All my friends who took it told me the same thing to build up stamina and get used to very little free time in between like military style 1 hour block 5 min break, etc... GL on your exam

6/11/2013 7:18:26 PM
I know, I have no choice that to accept it. I was just thinking, since I simulated that day of exam, I noticed that I can go through 4 blocks without break, could I just go strait to 3rd. or 4th. block, and than take a break of 10-15 min. It seams more like time while you can do something.
Where is Pinomontalbano?? he is not on the forum these days? He passed all exams he could give us some advice.
Thank you for good wishes.
Dusha

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK