Dr. Goljan audios and/or videos

5/17/2013 2:09:39 PM
Does anyone have recent audios and/or videos of Dr. Goljan lectures? There are some audios out there, but they are from like 7 years ago I believe. Please, let me know. Thanks!

5/17/2013 2:12:18 PM
naaa those audios are from 2002, but they still work for today. Dr Goljian was before his time..he knows the main questions they ask in usmle's.

pathology is pathology it's not going to change in 10 years.

I don't think there has been any new Dr. Goljian things out. i didn't even know he had videos!?!?

he just put out a new pathology book that i would suggest getting. it's kinda complex but it will help you for part 1, ck and part 3.

5/17/2013 4:57:52 PM
pinomontalbano wrote:
naaa those audios are from 2002, but they still work for today. Dr Goljian was before his time..he knows the main questions they ask in usmle's.

pathology is pathology it's not going to change in 10 years.

I don't think there has been any new Dr. Goljian things out. i didn't even know he had videos!?!?

he just put out a new pathology book that i would suggest getting. it's kinda complex but it will help you for part 1, ck and part 3.

Thanks for the reply. I have the audios and I love them, but I just was checking for something new. I also have the last rapid review (it's not that "rapid" but it's very good.

Thanks again

5/18/2013 12:21:13 AM
go for pathoma

5/20/2013 1:31:22 AM
needhelp4usmle wrote:
go for pathoma

Thanks! I got it

5/20/2013 11:38:42 PM
Stick to Pathoma for path and put notes in FA.
Goljan audio is good, but pathoma vids teach way better, easier to follow as is the pathoma book. Pathoma is made for students writing step1. My school saw an avg of 30 pt increase since students started using pathoma

IsabelSchaffry-Velez wrote:
needhelp4usmle wrote:
go for pathoma

Thanks! I got it

5/21/2013 11:23:16 AM
can pathoma be used for step2CK?

5/21/2013 4:13:03 PM
pinomontalbano wrote:
can pathoma be used for step2CK?

Having a good base on the basics will help with the ck, but I think Pathoma is more specific for step 1.

5/21/2013 4:17:28 PM
PrAr89016228 wrote:
Stick to Pathoma for path and put notes in FA.
Goljan audio is good, but pathoma vids teach way better, easier to follow as is the pathoma book. Pathoma is made for students writing step1. My school saw an avg of 30 pt increase since students started using pathoma

IsabelSchaffry-Velez wrote:
needhelp4usmle wrote:
go for pathoma

Thanks! I got it

That avg increase is amazing! I have heard a great comments about Pathoma, not just among the students, but professors as well . It was recommended to me by a great Kaplan professor and I do like it.
Thanks for your feedback.

5/22/2013 11:04:34 PM
i just did 1 round of pathoma and there are 4 topics you will need from Goljan: fluid and electrolytes, genetics, environmental path and nutritional disorders (pp 54-122 in rapid review). From the audios, the biostats section in the beginning is great. Everything else kind of overlaps between goljan and pathoma.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK