Delay in Step Score Reporting

4/22/2013 3:11:36 PM
Hey guys just saw this on the ECFMG website

"Most score reporting of Step 1 results occurs within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees testing beginning the week of May 13th. The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing the week of May 13th through late June will be Wednesday, July 10, 2013. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 1 scores before July 10, it is recommended that they take Step 1 no later than May 10, 2013.

my concern is what could they mean by modifications to the test item pool.......any input would be greatly appreciated.

4/22/2013 11:34:21 PM
they are changing the questions. too many FMG and AMG are getting 99s so they have to make the testing pool more modern and up to date. i am guessing they are going to make part 1 harder than it is now. if you have taken nbme 15 you'll see some of the changes that they've made. it's become more and more clinical and is closely related to CK plus all the other biochem and immunology you don't see much of in CK. that is my guess.

4/22/2013 11:35:30 PM
i hope and pray that they don't raise the passing minimum..i remember just 3 years ago passing for CK was 189..now they have made it 196 which is 7 whole points higher...one day soon the passing minimum for both these exams is going to be like 200 PLUS harder more up to date questions. just wait.

4/22/2013 11:47:49 PM
pinomontalbano wrote:
they are changing the questions. too many FMG and AMG are getting 99s so they have to make the testing pool more modern and up to date. i am guessing they are going to make part 1 harder than it is now. if you have taken nbme 15 you'll see some of the changes that they've made. it's become more and more clinical and is closely related to CK plus all the other biochem and immunology you don't see much of in CK. that is my guess.

Is that your opinion or something you have called and inquired about?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK