Terrible block scores

4/17/2013 7:43:46 PM
I was wondering if it's completely normal to start out on UWorld doing terrible on random blocks? My study period has just begun and I'm not sitting for boards until July, but my percentages started around 50% but are now going WAY DOWN... I know it's early and there's plenty of time but i'm not sure if this is normal in the beginning. How long does it usually take to see noticeable improvement?

Thanks
edited by Bbean0403 on 4/17/2013

4/18/2013 3:54:48 AM
Bbean0403 wrote:
I was wondering if it's completely normal to start out on UWorld doing terrible on random blocks? My study period has just begun and I'm not sitting for boards until July, but my percentages started around 50% but are now going WAY DOWN... I know it's early and there's plenty of time but i'm not sure if this is normal in the beginning. How long does it usually take to see noticeable improvement?

Thanks
edited by Bbean0403 on 4/17/2013

Did you finished reviewing your books and videos (and maybe the lectures from any program: Kaplan, Falcon, DIT) before starting with the bank or are you doing everything now, including the bank? In my opinion, even if you finished with your material, you are going to have questions in your banks that are going to slap you on your face
And sometimes when you are scoring good, all of the sudden you have a bank in which you score low making your self-esteem shake.
Review the questions after finishing the bank, all the questions, not just the incorrect and read the explanation of all the choices, not just the good ones. And of course, the educational objective.
Remember: It's better to answer bad now and not later (during he test). The incorrect give you the opportunity to learn something you didn't know o maybe give you the opportunity to see a topic you know from a different perspective.
Keep doing your banks and learning from them. You are going to improve

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK