Question from Physiologu

4/15/2013 12:34:11 AM
I crossed over the question where Angiotensin II was administered and among other options they offer 1. Filtration fraction is increased, and 2.Renal blood flow decreased.
By my opinion both answers are correct but we need only good one.
What do you guys think, which one is correct?
Dusha

4/15/2013 3:06:07 PM
I feel the first option i.e filtration fraction is increased is a good one.
edited by abhinavkumar on 4/15/2013

4/16/2013 11:10:55 PM
Dusha wrote:
I crossed over the question where Angiotensin II was administered and among other options they offer 1. Filtration fraction is increased, and 2.Renal blood flow decreased.
Dusha

Filtration Fraction is equal to GFR/RPF

Angiotension II constricts the efferent arteriole, increasing GFR. If increases the numerator of your equation (GRF), the FF increases, even in the denominator (RPF) decreases.
edited by IsabelSchaffry-Velez on 4/16/2013

4/21/2013 4:59:38 PM
Dusha wrote:
Dusha

Hi
The best answer would be filtration fraction would increase .
This is because the Angiotensin II will constrict the efferent arteriole and hence allowing more time for the GFR .
After this occurs then there is backing up of the blood and finally leading to a decrease in renal blood flow

Cheers :-)

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK