Exam cancellation

4/2/2013 1:54:48 PM
Hi All,

I`m wondering if anyone knows how to cancel an exam?I applied for feb-march-april eligibilty period on 11th Jan, but my medical college in India have not sent back the credentials so far....have called almost everyday and even spoken to prinicipal twice.I am so running out of time...called ECFMG,they told me I could cancel online.I do not find any option on IWA/Oasis.Does anyone know?
It`s very stressful...please help me...Thank you...

4/2/2013 5:43:28 PM
AMREAT wrote:
Hi All,

I`m wondering if anyone knows how to cancel an exam?I applied for feb-march-april eligibilty period on 11th Jan, but my medical college in India have not sent back the credentials so far....have called almost everyday and even spoken to prinicipal twice.I am so running out of time...called ECFMG,they told me I could cancel online.I do not find any option on IWA/Oasis.Does anyone know?
It`s very stressful...please help me...Thank you...

Hi
You don't have to cancel the test because your school didn't sent the credentials yet. The ECFMG is going to move your elegibility period anyway (and you don't have to pay for it, because it's not your fault the school didn't sent the papers on time). Let's say they receive your papers from your school on April 26, the ECFMG will move your period to May-June-July (automatically; you don't have to pay). If you cancel it now and move it looks to them like YOU WANT to move and you have to pay $65 to do it. and then, if you need an extra period (you never know), since you move it once, to move it again you have to pay the complete fee $820 Yes, my friend. I know it because it happened to me. So, please don't make the same mistake. Besides of tiring, this process is expensive too. Don't expend more money than you have to.
Regards,
Isabel

4/3/2013 11:57:45 AM
Thanks Isabel for taking time out to reply to my post..I was really at my wit`s end!It is reassuring that they`d give me another eligibilty period of three months!
God bless you and good luck in all your future endeavours,Amreat.

Hi
You don't have to cancel the test because your school didn't sent the credentials yet. The ECFMG is going to move your elegibility period anyway (and you don't have to pay for it, because it's not your fault the school didn't sent the papers on time). Let's say they receive your papers from your school on April 26, the ECFMG will move your period to May-June-July (automatically; you don't have to pay). If you cancel it now and move it looks to them like YOU WANT to move and you have to pay $65 to do it. and then, if you need an extra period (you never know), since you move it once, to move it again you have to pay the complete fee $820 Yes, my friend. I know it because it happened to me. So, please don't make the same mistake. Besides of tiring, this process is expensive too. Don't expend more money than you have to.
Regards,
Isabel[/quote]

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK