are UW Self Assessment exams outdated?

3/9/2013 3:36:24 AM
Hello
I'm about to purchase UWorld shortly and was wondering if anyone knows if the self assessment exams have been updated or if they've been the same all these years?

Someone mentioned to me that they're not accurate to see where you stand. I need to take a diagnostic to see where to start from.

I took the Kaplan online Diagnostic but some people say thats not the best test..
Any suggestions??

3/10/2013 12:21:52 PM
yeah. NBME 13, 12, 11, 7
start with one of 7,11, 12 and see where you stand save 13 for about a week before the exam.
UWSA are not outdated. UWORLD is pretty good about keeping current with the situation.

uwsa however do over exaggerate your true score by 15 points. so if uworld simulation exam says that your estimated 3 digit score is 215...it's actually 200. but you must take them at some point and go over the answer choices because every single concept from UWSA and NBME will be on your real exam.
edited by pinomontalbano on 3/10/2013

3/13/2013 8:17:08 AM
pinomontalbano wrote:
yeah. NBME 13, 12, 11, 7
start with one of 7,11, 12 and see where you stand save 13 for about a week before the exam.
UWSA are not outdated. UWORLD is pretty good about keeping current with the situation.

uwsa however do over exaggerate your true score by 15 points. so if uworld simulation exam says that your estimated 3 digit score is 215...it's actually 200. but you must take them at some point and go over the answer choices because every single concept from UWSA and NBME will be on your real exam.

thanks so much!

3/13/2013 8:17:11 AM
pinomontalbano wrote:
yeah. NBME 13, 12, 11, 7

thanks so much!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK