Step 1 exam in 1 month

1/26/2013 7:14:42 PM
Hi Friends,
I have my Step 1 exam scheduled for 26th Feb, and can not postpone it, since I already extended my eligibility period once.
I am an IMG currently in US working as a research fellow. I started preparing for exams from nearly 45 days, but wasted most of my time reading Biochem and physiology. I started reading FA from 2 weeks and nearly am done with systems, except Nervous system. Also, I have not touched the basic science of of it yet (excluding biochem). and I have not started U-World Q bank yet.So, I have to decide whether I should go for the exam, or just cancel it. Today I did the U-WORLD self assessment Part 1, and my predicted Step 1 score was 204....How much can this score be improved in 1 month. I am not looking to just pass the exam, I want a good score (>240)....In view of my current level of preparation, what do u guys suggest?

2/24/2013 11:51:35 PM
I did my UW SA 2 today and my predicted score is 242...Though I was looking for 250's but I guess this is better that 204 that I got few weeks back.

I have my exam on 26th Feb, so no time to change anything....what r the chances that I score above 240 in the real exam?

and should I go for it or cancel it?( I can not extend it, since I already did it once)

2/25/2013 12:16:49 AM
have u dne nbme? if not thn i guess ur good to go dont wait and give ur exam..the actual exam is easier thn nbme and uwsa thats i heard...

3/4/2013 2:52:57 PM
DrYas wrote:
Hi Friends,
I have my Step 1 exam scheduled for 26th Feb, and can not postpone it, since I already extended my eligibility period once.
I am an IMG currently in US working as a research fellow. I started preparing for exams from nearly 45 days, but wasted most of my time reading Biochem and physiology. I started reading FA from 2 weeks and nearly am done with systems, except Nervous system. Also, I have not touched the basic science of of it yet (excluding biochem). and I have not started U-World Q bank yet.So, I have to decide whether I should go for the exam, or just cancel it. Today I did the U-WORLD self assessment Part 1, and my predicted Step 1 score was 204....How much can this score be improved in 1 month. I am not looking to just pass the exam, I want a good score (>240)....In view of my current level of preparation, what do u guys suggest?

Hey
I got a 214 on the U world self assessment part 2 and I have a month left to study. What did you do during that one month to increase your score? I also would like to get a good score.

Thanks

3/20/2013 6:03:50 PM
Hi friends,
I got my score today. I passed with 220....my exam didn't go well, and I felt completely unprepared for the exam on the big day. Lot of stress and was constantly running out of time in each block.
Right now, I dont know if I should be happy or disappointed...Where do u think I stand, and what are my odds to get into a residency?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK