Failed In Step1 .. how to get things rite ?

4/18/2012 3:25:47 AM
Dear fellows ... i am disgraced at my step 1 result. its 74 with 185 score... 188 is passing...i tried hard though but in 2nd & 3rd blocks i couldn't manage time and skipped 6 questions.Then afterwards I gathered courage and completed exam .. To my surprise i failed so close. now i want to start studying for step 2 ... First take Step 2 and then Step 2. how would u guys suggest about it.?

4/18/2012 8:58:19 AM
Awaiskhan wrote:
Dear fellows ... i am disgraced at my step 1 result. its 74 with 185 score... 188 is passing...i tried hard though but in 2nd & 3rd blocks i couldn't manage time and skipped 6 questions.Then afterwards I gathered courage and completed exam .. To my surprise i failed so close. now i want to start studying for step 2 ... First take Step 2 and then Step 2. how would u guys suggest about it.?

while step 1 is still fresh in your mind, before you forget everything, having to start all over once again, and takes you 3-4 months to get ready for it. I would study & do UW for about 6wks, thats if you just recently taken & failed step1.
Tell me how you prepared for it the 1st time, what material did you use, to see if il can help further.
dood luck

4/18/2012 12:03:32 PM
Dear Doc,
I would like you to hang in there and don't loss hope. I failed step 1 last year and believe me I know how devastating that can be. Take time off and gather yourself. Use the performance profile as a guide to know your weakness and turn them into strength. I got 73/183 on my fast attempt, now I got 230/83. All my weak areas were my beat areas this time around.
As for Taking step 2CK, that's up to you to decide. I did the same right after failing step 1 & got 219/93 as I was always better in the clinical medicine.
My advice for study guide is study wiser since you're now familiar with the exam. Use Uworld diligently, not necessarily getting a high mark but studying the concepts and why the other options were wrong. Understanding is KEY, understand what you read, understand what the question is asking for.
Most importantly "Believe in God and yourself".
All the best!!!

4/18/2012 1:34:07 PM
Awaiskhan

Dear fellows , i got my step 1 result and i was shocked .. my percentile 51 and score 151.. I couldn't imagine .. I was expecting a score around 85 ,,but thats really disgraceful for me My questions are should i go for rechecking , coz my performance activity in behavioural sciences is too low , i mean its a star on the lowest level .. next physio, patho is too bad ..
I studied for nearly 19 months , gave a read to kaplan 4 times and did U world 2 times ...
What should i do now? , I mean do a preparation of 8 months again .. do USMLERx , NBME form 6,7 .then do my 3 or 4 reads of kaplan then go for exam ?
Please gide me

This is your msg from 2011, You said you got 151 last year,now 185, Are you saying that you took step 1 twice?
edited by neelima208 on 4/18/2012

4/18/2012 10:52:06 PM
Hey guys I got 250/87 in USMLE Step 1 how good IS That?

11/8/2013 10:28:49 PM
Congrats!!

1/10/2014 4:00:48 AM
hii neelima i also took exam last decmbr i gt my results and i failed? i saw ur post so did u giv ur paper for rechking and how much did u score in ur nbmes cn u jst brief me up? and are u taking step 1 exam again.... r u on skype my id - firasmohd23 cn u jst mesg me here or der eagerly waiting for ur replies...!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK